Wednesday 13 April 2011

Research into Television Programmes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/programmes/schedules

I've had a look at the cbeebies website and I have noticed that they have a schedule online which I think is very useful. For example, I think that my product could be aired in between 'The Tinga Tales' at 12.20 and 'Telly tales' at 12.35. Obviously, this would appeal to the children who finish nursery at 12, but it would also mean it had to be aired only for 15 minutes. Unfortunately, the opening sequence of my product starts with Mimmies presenting her world but also going after Ray O'Sunshine in the late evenining which would contrast the time of day i.e 12.20 to the time in the story i.e. 5-6 maybe. However, it could also work being aired in the morning because it could also add to the sense of mystery if we could say that the times are different in Mimmie's story and land and maybe the whole day in Mimmie's land only lasts for about 15 minutes, as long as the it is aired. Even though the opnening sequence starts as it if it was a story, an adventure it could be easiliy divided into 15 minute episodes, where all the action happens around Mimmie and her fairies, especially Ray O'Sunshine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/programmes/schedules

I would probably avoid Cbbc to air  my programme because it seems that they promote mainly stories, which attract boys in particular. It could also be a challenge for the programme itself to add a bit of something different like my fairies but in my opinion it wouldn't really work.

No comments:

Post a Comment